AFLC Youth Ministries exists to win teens to Christ, to build them up by God's Word and God's love, to equip them to live and to share their faith, resulting in the multiplying of maturing teen disciples of Jesus.
To encourage youth leaders and caring adults in this pursuit, each month AFLC Youth Ministries features three ideas:
- * Moment of the month features our fun youth ministry finds, you will see everything from movie trailers to magazine ads to YouTube videos.
- * Link of the Month features a recommended youth ministry site.
- * Taste of the Month features a taste of training or something we think would be worth you to nibble on for sharing Jesus with this generation of youth.
Check em’ out and enjoy!
Link of the Month
"Greatness Does Good"
Foot Locker tried an interesting media campaign this November-December. They recruited famous athletes to “do some good in the world” instead of starring in commercials, so professional basketball players and other celebrities were serving in their communities on the company’s initiative. If you are not an NBA fan, the following people may not look out of place. They are three actor look-alikes for three NBA players, which is why they keep using each other’s names. The idea from the company was their brand was serious about making a difference.
Discussion Questions for Teens
1) Does a company’s effort like this one encourage you to like or buy their products? Why or why not?
2) From a biblical perspective, what does “doing good” in the community look like?
3) How can believers keep the Gospel central while serving others in tangible ways?
Taste of the Month
Youth Culture Matters
The Center for Parent/Youth Understanding (CPYU) podcast Episode 50 has two familiar voices to AFLC Youth Ministries. Dr. Walt Mueller, 2015 FLY elective presenter, hosts the program and interviews Tony Souder, 2017 Youth Workers Weekends presenter, from Pray for Me Campaign.