- Acts 10:38 Jesus went about doing good.Let us look at some instances of Christ’s goodness:
- Luke 5:12-13– Christ heals the man full of leprosy.
- John 5:2-9- Christ heals the man who had been an invalid for 38 years.
- Luke 7:12-15- Jesus raises the widow’s only son from the dead.
- Luke 23:39-43- Jesus grants the greatest gift mankind can be given – the gift of salvation to the repentant thief.
1. Mark 2:2-4– Friends bring the paralytic man to Jesus to be healed but because of the crowd they cannot get near Jesus. However, they do not let this stop them but uncover the roof and lower him into Jesus presence.
2. Luke 10:30-37– This is the parable of the Good Samaritan who ministers to the needs of the man who fell among thieves. He not only takes care of his immediate needs but provides for any future needs he might have.
3. Acts 9:36– this one verse describes Tabitha or Dorcas as being a woman full of good works and helping the poor.
- Is God’s goodness limited to just His children?
Psalm 145:9– The Lord is good to all.
Matthew 5:45b– For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
However, there will be a separation when Christ returns to reign and the wicked will be destroyed. Matthew 13:24-30
- Romans 2:4 – the goodness of God leads to repentance.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21– God’s purpose for us is to be made good with the goodness (Phillips Translation) (righteousness (ESV)) of God.
- Ephesians 2:8-10– we are created in Christ Jesus for good works.
1. Matthew 5:14-16 – The command given is to let our lights shine before men so that they may see our good works.
2. The result is that they would glorify our Father who is in heaven.
- Matthew 13:1-9 –We as Christians know that all of our efforts will not produce positive results. In the parable of the sower some of the seed fell by the wayside, some upon stony places, some among thorns; but some fell on good ground and brought forth good fruit.
- We must, therefore, continue to steadfastly witness to others by the lives we live, and the words we say.
- We can never stop or give up.