See the AFLC Departments giving subsidy details below.
For 2023, the AFLC General Fund has a subsidy request of $424,000 and as of February 28, 2023 has received 19%.
General Funds expenses are primarily payroll and benefits, program and promotional, administrative, and repairs and maintenance of the AFLC Administrative Office and presidents home properties. The General Fund also oversees the Benefits Board, HIS Fund, and The Lutheran Ambassador. Further details can be found in the annual conference report.
Beginning January 2022, The Lutheran Ambassador magazine became free of charge to subscribers! You can subscribe and donate to the Lutheran Ambassador here.
AFLC Evangelism and Discipleship is charged with encouraging the practice of sharing the life changing Gospel of Jesus Christ and equipping disciples for life and ministry throughout the AFLC.
Some of the ways we are seeking to do that is:
- Providing Speakers for men’s and women’s evangelistic and disciple equipping events and services
- Providing support to pastors and churches as they look to develop evangelism and disciple making programs in their local congregations
- Supporting and encouraging AFLC pastors and their spouses through a program called, “Rekindle the Fire.” “Rekindle the Fire” takes place before Annual Conference and provides pastoral ministry encouragement through a variety of workshops and speakers as well as a banquet honoring them and their service. This event usually costs about $5,000 and has been considered a non-budgeted event. In past years we have been blessed to have financial supporters come along side of us to provide financial gifts to make this ministry possible. If you would like to help fund this important event, please send your gift designated to RTF, or donate online with the same designation.
- Partnering with the newly formed Pastor and Congregation Care Team (PACCT) to support and encourage pastors and their families as well as to provide support and information to equip congregations in developing strong, healthy relationships with their pastors and their family.
In addition to these larger goals, we have actively looked for ways to support and encourage our AFLC congregations and pastors throughout this Covid-19 pandemic. That has included partnering with our AFLC sister ministries to provide online video-taped services for those congregations that did not have that ability in the early weeks of this pandemic.
Since then, we have received many requests that we continue these services so that those whose churches aren’t able to provide online services as well as for those who are not yet ready or able to return to in-person worship would be able to have church with our AFLC family. In response to those requests, we have again partnered with our AFLC Home and World Missions departments and our AFLC Development department to produce a 4-part worship service series entitled, “The Heartbeat of the Mission.” This series is available on demand at: https://www.aflchomemissions.org/listen-online. Please feel free to share it with others who might appreciate it.
These are just some of the ways that we are seeking to help grow evangelism and discipleship in our AFLC. If you have any questions or suggestions as to other ways we might fulfill this call, I would be glad to visit with you. My direct line is 763-412-2021 or you can email me at [email protected].
Thank you for your prayer and financial support of AFLC Evangelism and Discipleship, and may the Lord richly bless you.
With you in His service,
Pastor Randy Nelson
AFLC Evangelism and Discipleship Director
Our greatest financial need is for funding to maintain increased staffing hours for full-time Administrative Assistant Diane Brubakken, enabling us to complete more projects in a timely manner. We have been greatly understaffed for many years due to a lack of funds. A generous gift in June 2016 allowed the Board of Publications to increase this position from 30 to 40 hours per week. We pray that God would provide the funds to continue this role as a full-time position. Gifts can be designated for “Staffing Needs.”
View Ambassador PE and Publications web site here: https://www.ambassadorpublications.org/
We are truly grateful to God for each congregation and individual that is supporting AFLC Youth Ministries! We are honored with the responsibility of winning, building, equipping, and multiplying maturing teen disciples of Jesus by serving our AFLC fellowship.
At the 2021 Annual Conference, the AFLC Youth Board was straightforward in their concern for the 2022 finances. The strong response across the AFLC fellowship has positioned AFLC Youth Ministries is to serve teenagers and congregations effectively in 2022. Our efforts with Youth Workers Weekends, the Apprenticeship Program, FLY Beyond, and meeting congregational needs will be completely covered.
Thank you so much for your partnership in sharing Jesus with today's teens! www.aflc.org/youth
Thank you for interest in AFLC World Missions. We covet your prayer even more than your financial support. Would you commit to pray for World Missions?
Even though we need prayer, your financial support is also vital to work of spreading the Gospel around the world. The finances of AFLC World Missions are divided into three total separate areas. Two of those three have budget subsidies that have been approved by the AFLC Annual Conference. The three areas are described below.
AFLC World Missions Budget – Conference Approved
This budget funds all our ministries as well as oversight for those ministries. Those ministries include:
• Brazil - • India - • Mexico - • Uganda - • Paraguay - • Switzerland - • Ambassador Institute - • Journey Missions - • Oversight for these ministries
AFLC World Missions Personal Support (Missionaries) – Conference Approved
This budget funds our missionaries as they serve in many places around the world. Each missionary is expected to raise their own personal support to keep them on the field.
Approved Special Project List
These special projects are approved by the World Missions Committee, but have no budget subsidy from the AFLC Annual Conference. A list of the approve special projects can be found by clicking here.
View the World Missions Web site here: https://www.aflcworldmissions.org/
Thank you for partnering with us in church planting. It is our mission to help churches plant churches. We also want to identify gifted leaders in our church family who can help us start new congregations. We believe the planting of new churches is the most effective way to reach the most people for Christ. Our goal is to help churches plant three new congregations every year. Jesus said, “I will build My Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” That promise guides AFLC Home Missions.
To help us in the work, we welcome your help:
1) Join our Knee-mail Prayer Team (send an email to [email protected] to get started).
2) Invite one of our seven committee members to speak to your congregation (call us at 763-412-2018).
3) Encourage your church and district to appoint a team to study how you could be used by God to plant a new church.
4) Send an individual gift or a congregational benevolence to support AFLC Home Missions.
5) Join our team of monthly givers who sponsor the work of training and supporting planters and help us fund the matching gifts we offer to churches willing to plant new.
See Home Missions Web site here: https://www.aflchomemissions.org/
The Free Lutheran Bible College and Seminary are grateful for the generous support from congregations and individuals. The subsidy gifts represent a percentage of the total annual income for each institution – FLBC and FLS. These donations play a vital role in supplementing tuition and fees allowing us to keep these fees charged to students at a lower rate. They also assist both institutions in monthly operational expenses.
The Free Lutheran Bible College and Seminary are committed to using our financial resources to fulfil the mission and goals of the institutions to establish students in the eternal and inerrant Word of God for a life of faith in Jesus Christ and faithful service in His Kingdom.
Many of the detailed interior projects of the Student Life Center are more long term and ongoing as the needs of facility use expand in accordance with our mission and goals. To give see Capital Campaign.
Scholarship funding is a continuous effort. See the Development page for more information. Your prayer and financial support of the Bible College and Seminary is greatly appreciated.